Wednesday 23 May 2012

Missed my date with Fran

Last Saturday I did another team WOD with Crossfit legend in the making Nat Connors.  Once again she pushed me harder than I've ever been pushed before.

I like to think I held my own.  I even tore off my shirt, I was so warm, something, being extremely self-conscious about my body, I've never done before.  I didn't care. I had to keep up, I had to give my all.

The workout was alternating team effort, like a tag team,  each member does the same workout, but one at a time.

4 rounds for time (30 min cap):
- 10 ground to overhead (however you want to do it, clean and press, clean and jerk, snatch, whatever) 105lbs, sprint 50m
- 10 toe-to-bar (hanging from a pull up bar), sprint 50m
- 10 dead lifts 175lbs, sprint 50m

After 2 rounds, I was dying.  She is so fast on the toe-to-bar and the dead lifts I hardly had any break. I didn't even have time to add the 35lbs plates to the bar while she was doing the toe-to-bar/sprint, to be ready for the dead lifts.

I don't know what our time was, but near the end of round 3 we were in the 17 minute range, so between 5 and 6 minutes per round, so I'm guess we finished under 25 minutes.  I was wiped. But I felt awesome.  It was the kind of workout that worked everything.

That feeling, plus an early morning session where I was the only attendee, and I got some one-on-one time with my coach, Isabelle, and made some real progress on my shoulder press,  I was thinking I was ready to try Fran again. The thing is, you don't know when Fran is going to pop up.

When Dexter got sick this week I wasn't able to go to Crossfit at all, which is a mixed blessing, you don't get the workout, but you get fresh muscles for the next time. Fran would've been great for tomorrow morning.

Sadly, they did Fran yesterday! Argh!  Missed, by "that" much. Oh well. Last time was early April, I'm sure she'll show up again soon enough.

Now I just have to deal with my jittery withdrawal symptoms of no Crossfit for 4 whole days!

No comments:

Post a Comment